Here are but a few of the specific activities the Mission, Peace, and Justice Committee has facilitated:
- Organized 7 UCC churches to build and fund a school in Mali that now serves 200 children
- Promote the UCC Five Yearly Special Mission Offerings
- Weekly food contributions to local helping agencies
- Co-sponsoring a Habitat home & working in numerous others
- Seminars/lectures on medical care, local poverty, immigration, prison reform, voting rights, environmental policy etc.
- Ongoing work with local partner organizations including the Moore County NAACP, Sandhills Pride, Northern Moore Family Resource Center, the Moore County Free Clinic, the Literacy Council, and other agencies
- Deep participation in the Poor Peoples’ Campaign Moral Monday Marches